What is Casual Carpool?
- Casual Carpool offers a (usually) one way trip from the East Bay to San Francisco ( Fremont/Mission and nearby) in the morning. You usually get back by yourself on transit in the evening or if you are lucky you can catch a ride back.
- It is 'casual' : you simply wait at a designated area and get picked up.
How does it work?
- You get picked up by someone driving by.
- Be polite and don't eat or drink in the car.
- Let drivers start the chatter: they may prefer to focus on driving
- If you are in a car that has to pay a toll (like it's past commute time arriving at the toll gate) passengers should pay more than fair share to encourage the driver to continue picking up passengers.
- Use common sense: if you don't feel comfortable getting a ride with someone, let someone else go. Three to a car is safest for passengers and driver, though two people is enough for a two seat car.
- Read the website below on Casual Carpool before hitching a ride!
Where do I get picked up?
- You can check out the list at http://www.ridenow.org/carpool/index.html#locations" for locations.